The Design Innovation Award was established in 2020 by Confindustria Nautica (the Italian Marine Industry Association) and the company I Saloni Nautici to celebrate the 61st edition of the Genoa International Boat Show, aimed at supporting and encouraging the highest standards of innovation and excellence on behalf of exhibitors and their most recent products.
The Award Ceremony, reserved for products showcased at the Genoa International Boat Show and introduced over the past year, takes place during the Boat Show itself and aims to promote the highest degree of innovation from the nautical production industry, awarding examples of excellence that stand out for their level of research, innovation, formal and technical quality and sustainability.
The Award is divided into 9 categories:
- Sailing Boats – up to 10m LH;
- Sailing Boats – over 10 m LH;
- Motorboats – up to 10m LH;
- Motorboats – over 10 m LH;
- Superyacht – over 24m LH;
- Superboats – over 10m LH;
- Boating Equipment and Components
This year the Jury included Silvia Piardi, Honorary Professor of Design at the Politecnico di Milano, Andrea Ratti, Chair M.Sc. Yacht & Cruising Vessel Design, also at the Politecnico di Milano, providing their expertise in design and boating, Franco Michienzi, Editor-in-chief of the magazine BARCHE and Nabil Farhat, Editor-In-Chief at The World of Yachts & Boats, two expert journalists specialised in the yachting industry, Carlotta de Bevilacqua, President & CEO of Artemide SpA, Luisa Bocchietto, Senator of the World Design Organization, and chaired by Nicola Carlone, Admiral Inspector Chief of the Port Authority Corps – Coast Guard. This line-up of industry and design announced their decisions for the various categories, underlining just how much attention was given to the sustainability criteria and the environment, something that is clearly becoming a collective and distinctive commitment at the heart of innovative designs across all sectors.
The winners of the Design Innovation Award 2021 are:
-the Ecoracer by Northern Light Srl for the Sailboats under 10 mt. category;
– the MOMI 80 by VISMARA MARINE CONCEPT Srl for the Sailboats over 10 mt. category;
– the BMA X 277 by Ribitaly Srl for the Motorboats under 10 mt. category;
– the BG72 by Bluegame Srl for the Motorboats over 10 mt. category;
– the Granturismo Cruiser 11.0 by Lomac Nautica srl for the RIBs category;
– the AZIMUT GRANDE TRIDECK by AZIMUT YACHTS Srl for the Superyachts over 24 mt. category;
– the Swan Shadow by Nautor Swan srl for the Superboats over 10 mt. category;
– Scafo multimodale by Gerrisboats for the Multihulls category;
– the Micro Plastic Collector by Suzuki Italia Spa for the Nautical Equipment and Components category.
– The Design Innovation Award 2021 Honorary Mentions went to the AMER 120 by Permare Srl for the Superyachts over 24 mt. category and to the Sanitank by Igea Biochemical Srl for the Nautical Equipment and Components category.
– the Jury also assigned a Special Prize for Outstanding Innovation (which is not tied to a single category) to the model FuturebyUniboat – Argonauts Team. The Liguria International Prize, on the other hand, went to the Energy Pack by H2Boat Srl.
The Award Ceremony ended with the Special Prize for Outstanding Career – Boating Pioneer Award (Manager category) which was handed to Giuseppe Balducci of Overmarine Group Spa, who, with his many talents and entrepreneurship was capable of anticipating the needs of an ever-changing market, founding Mangusta, a brand of the Overmarine Group that is still a world leader in open series.
Contacts – DIA: